Featured FAQs DIABNEXT™ CLIPSULIN™ (C3)
How do I install the battery in the CLIPSULIN™?
- Before using CLIPSULIN™ for the first time, please note that the battery must be installed with the negative pole facing up and the positive pole facing down.
- Install the battery then push the battery compartment firmly so it is completely closed.
- Press the blue power button and the screen will display “00”. Battery is installed correctly. Just wait 10 seconds until it shuts down automatically.
Do I have to download an App on my phone?
Yes you have to download the DIABNEXT™ App. The App is free.
Where can I download the App?
On the Apple Store for Apple devices, search “DIABNEXT” App.
On Google Play for Android devices, search “DIABNEXT” App.
Do I have to open an account in DIABNEXT™ App to use my CLIPSULIN™ C3?
Yes, you register and open an account in your DIABNEXT™ App on your mobile phone following the instructions of the App.
Do I need to turn on the bluetooth of my phone to use my CLIPSULIN™ C3?
Yes, you need to turn on the bluetooth of the your phone so the CLIPSULIN™ can connect with your mobile phone and fill your digital Log-Book.
How do I connect and pair my CLIPSULIN™ C3 to my mobile phone for the first time?
- When your account is created and the App is opened, just press and hold the big blue power button in the center of your CLIPSULIN™ until you see two dashes (- -) are blinking on the CLIPSULIN™ screen. Your CLIPSULIN™ is now searching for your Mobile Phone bluetooth.
- Look at your DIABNEXT™ App screen: a message indicates your phone found your CLIPSULIN™ and is asking you to synchronize your CLIPSULIN™.
- Press “Synchronize”
- Then review the list of brands of insulin and select your insulin brand
- Then review the list of insulin pens and select the exact insulin pen model that you are using on the screen of the App.
- Press “SAVE” to confirm and your pairing is now done.
How do I install CLIPSULIN™ on my insulin pen?
Clip your CLIPSULIN™ onto your insulin pen with the CLIPSULIN™ screen facing the dose selection window of your insulin pen. This is important so you can see both screens at the same time and one next to the other.
What happen if I clip the CLIPSULIN™ the other way around on the pen?
Just unclip it and clip it again correctly with the insulin pen dose window and the CLIPSULIN™ right next to each other. If you put CLIPSULIN™ the other way around, the Screen will be upside down, and you will not be able to read the dose on the screen.
Which insulin pens are compatible with CLIPSULIN™?
HumaPen Luxura, Kwikpen Basalgar, Kwikpen Humalog U-100, Kwikpen Humalog U-200, Kwikpen Humalog 50-50, Kwikpen Humalogmix 75-25, Kwikpen Humulin 70-30, KwikPen HumulinN, Kwikpen HumulinR U-100
FlexPen Actrapid, FlexPen Levemir, FlexPen Novolog, FlexPen Novolog Mix 70, FlexPen NovoMix 30, FlexPen NovoMix 50, FlexPen NovoMix 70, FlexPen NovoRapid, FlexTouch Levemir, FlexTouch NovoRapid, FlexTouch Ryzodeg 70-30, FlexTouch Tresiba U-100, FlexTouch Xultophy, NovoPen 4, NovoPen 5
ClikStar, SoloStar Apidra, SoloStar Insuman-Basal, SoloStar Lantus, SoloStar Toujeo
You may follow this link for more information on compatible pens: https://www.diabnext.com/compatibility
I found color stickers in the packaging. What are they for?
If you have two or more pens, you need two or more CLIPSULINs. The color stickers are very useful in this case because you can stick them to the side of the CLIPSULIN™ to remember and identify which CLIPSULIN™ clips on which pen. Use the stickers if your have two or more pens, and make sure to put the same CLIPSULIN™ on the same pen when you change your pen. It is not possible to use the same CLIPSULIN™ on two different models of pens. Each CLIPSULIN™ is paired with one pen brand and model in the App. Do not hesitate to use the stickers on your CLIPSULINs to match the color of the pen and the color of the CLIPSULIN™ sticker.
How do I record an injection with CLIPSULIN™?
- Follow your insulin pen instructions for Priming your pen.
- After you have finished your priming procedure, then turn on the CLIPSULIN™ Screen by pressing the big blue power button in the center.
- Then use dial your dose as usual by turning the dose selector of your pen carefully up to the insulin injection dose you decide to inject and following your physician prescription.
- Once you have dialed your insulin dose, it is IMPORTANT that you make sure that the number on the CLIPSULIN™ screen is the same number as the selected dose on the insulin pen. eg: 5 units on the pen windows = 5 on the CLIPSULIN™ screen.
- Once you have confirmed that the number on the CLIPSULIN™ screen is the same as the selected dose on the insulin pen, press the big blue center button again to confirm the dose and record it in the memory of the CLIPSULIN™ and your digital logbook.
- The green light and the number on the CLIPSULIN™ screen start blinking, indicating the dose and time has been recorded in your CLIPSULIN™.
- Now just use your pen as you usually do according to your healthcare professional advice. After the dose and time are recorded, there is no change to your usual injection procedure.
If I need to, how do I adjust the injection dosage on CLIPSULIN™?
- You can sometimes have to adjust the dose on the screen if it’s different than the dose on the pen. For example when you overdial on your pen, and then come back to a lower dose, the numbers may not match because this will increase the number on the CLIPSULIN™ screen. So in that case you just have to adjust it.
- To adjust, you can use the “plus” and “minus” small blue buttons to manually adjust the value on the CLIPSULIN™ screen, so your pen and CLIPSULIN™ show the exact same number.
- One press on + adds one unit.
- One press on – subtracts one unit.
- After adjusting, confirmed again that the number on the CLIPSULIN™ screen is the same as the selected dose on the insulin pen.
- Press the big central blue confirmation button to confirm the dose number and record it in the memory of the CLIPSULIN™.
- The green light and the number on the CLIPSULIN™ screen start blinking, indicating the injection dose and time values has been recorded within your CLIPSULIN™.
How do I transfer the records of my CLIPSULIN™ into my Mobile Phone App DIABNEXT™ and its digital logbook?
If your mobile phone Bluetooth is ON:
If the Bluetooth function of your mobile device is turned on, your CLIPSULIN™ and your App is opened in the background, the CLIPSULIN™ will instantly transmit the dose, the date and time of the injection into your digital log book, after the insulin dosage has confirmed on CLIPSULIN™.
If your mobile phone Bluetooth is OFF:
If the Bluetooth function of your mobile device is turned off, the CLIPSULIN™ will store data for up to 200 injections, and will upload all injection data once you turn on your Bluetooth and open your DIABNEXT™ App.
I don’t see the injection data on my App, what should I do?
If the injection data is not showing on your App:
– Please check that Bluetooth function of your mobile device is turned on
– Check that your App in opened on your mobile phone
– Press and hold down a few seconds the CLIPSULIN blue big center power button until the LCD screen shows two dashes blinking (- -).
– After few seconds, you can see the notification “Data transferred” in DIABNEXT app, then all the data in your CLIPSULIN is transmitted to your mobile App.
– Now verify again in your DIABNEXT App, that injection data is showing in your App and digital Log-Book.
How do I turn off my CLIPSULIN?
You do not need to press any button or turn off your CLIPSULIN. It goes to sleep mode automatically, just leave it turn off alone.
The green light is blinking: what does it mean?
It means the injection dose and time has been recorded in the CLIPSULIN.
The red light is blinking: what does it mean?
It means that after using the CLIPSULIN for a long time, its battery level is now low. Please instal a new battery CR 2032 following the Battery Check FAQ .